Written by admin
Tying line on to a spool
I have had a few questions in the past about how to put your line on to a spool (the part of the reel that holds the line). So here we go:
- You only need the bottom half of your rod. Put your reel on and thread your line through the first hoop.
- If you choose to use braid, fill about half the reel with mono. Pull the bail arm back and wind a few loops on the line and put the line through the loops and tighten the line to form a noose. Slide the knot down to the spool.
- Hold the line against the rod about the 15 cm above with your left hand to give some tension to the line while you wind it on. If you are winding on mono, make sure the plastic holder of line is label-up so that you do not get curls in your line.
- If you are winding on braid, join the two lines with a double uni knot or improved albright knot.
- Do not fill up the spool with too much line as it may cause bird’s nests on casts, but too little line may make it hard to cast.
Here is how the final product should look like: